Our Response to Covid-19
At The Dundee, the safety and well-being of our guests, our team and our community are what is most important to us. We are open to guests for reservations and we are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our guests and staff safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. While this hasn’t changed, the impact of COVID-19 has increased our creativity and resolve and it has made us appreciate even more the strong connection we share with our guests and partners.
In addition to producing world class wine, the people of the Willamette Valley are resilient, caring and we rise to the occasion. Sometimes the only way through tough times is straight through, and we are ready to forge ahead, together.
There are still a lot of unknowns about when and how “life as normal” will resume. But we are here, and ready to welcome you back!
State and Country Travel Guidance and Restrictions
The Governor and the Oregon Health Authority have provided a framework to reduce the escalation of COVID-19 in Oregon.
At The Dundee Hotel, we keep informed on the latest guidance and restrictions that are updated every two weeks.
As of February 24th, 2021, here is a summary of information relevant statewide and for Yamhill Country:
- All Oregonians and visitors to Oregon are reminded to:
- Wear a mask in public
- Distance 6 ft from others while in public
- Keep gatherings to small groups (6 or less and nor more than two households)
- Wash Hands
- Stay home if sick
- Indoor Dining Allowed but Limited for Bars, Restaurants, Tasting Rooms: limited indoor and outdoor dining (reservations are required at many places and recommended everywhere), take-out, and delivery are allowed.
- Our onsite Restaurant is Closed. The front desk can guide you to local restaurants providing take-out, delivery, or outdoor dining. The Dundee has a partnership with Red Hills Market, that provides excellent breakfast delivery options for our hotel guests.
- Many Willamette Valley Wineries are Open for Outdoor Wine Tasting, others are “pick-up only”, for a list of wineries open by County: Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
At The Dundee Hotel:
- We remain open to serve you and are committed to your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our team, including contact-less check-in, and robust cleaning procedures.
- We are an essential services provider to businesses and government and are available if it would be helpful to achieve adequate social and physical distancing for your work and family needs.
Cleanliness and Safety Precautions
We have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and our team members.
- Disinfectant: We use the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
- Check-in Opt for a contact-less check-in without stopping by the front desk at all. Or, stop by the front desk and your keys will be ready to pick up. Keys are sanitized after each guest stay.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, and public bathrooms. You’ll see hand sanitizing stations near the front desk and elevator lobby.
- Social Distancing: We will be using signage in our lobby and public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Guest Rooms: We use enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guestrooms and doorknobs after each guest departs and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch and deep clean areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more. As always, our linens and towels, including the bed’s top cover, are laundered between each stay. Amenities not easily sanitized, like paper pads will be removed and available per request.
- Food Safety: Babica Hen, the restaurant located onsite, is currently not open for dining or for take out. We are happy to assist with information about local restaurants that are open for limited dining, takeout and delivery. Guests are able to arrange for contact-less delivery to the hotel.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes,” we are employing social distancing protocols and increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas.
- Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our team receives daily updates and training on keeping themselves and our guests safe, including: Social distancing, hand washing hygiene, safety protocols and frequent updates on best practices from the CDC and local authorities.
Masks and Check-in Hours and Protocols
Masks or face coverings are currently required in the state of Oregon for both staff and customers while in the public areas of the hotel.
We have disposable masks available for guests at the front desk.
Our check-in hours are currently 4:00 pm -9:00 pm. If you need to check-in later, just give us a call 503-538-7666
Opt for a contact-less check-in without stopping by the front desk at all. Or, stop by the front desk and your keys will be ready to pick up. Keys are sanitized after each guest stay. New protocols are in place to maintain social distancing during check-ins at the front desk. Questions or requests? Give us a call 503-538-7666.
Food and Beverage
The restaurant located on the ground floor of the hotel is currently closed. The Dundee has partnered with local favorite, Red Hills Market to provide breakfast delivery options for our guests. There are several restaurants nearby that are serving take out and delivery for lunch and dinner that can be ordered online, or by calling. Inquire at the front desk and we will provide information and menus.
Ask us about The Dundee’s breakfast package, for a fresh, healthy breakfast delivered to your door.
Wine Tasting Rooms
As of February 24th, 2021, limited indoor and outdoor wine-tasting is allowed in the counties surrounding The Dundee. Many wineries require reservations for tastings, and many offer pick-up and delivery. The Dundee, has partnered with several nearby wineries to offer tasting packages to help you pre-plan your visit, The Dundee has also partnered with local wineries to offer in-room tasting experiences for guests.
The experience may be different than what we’re used to, but the wine will be just as delicious.
Specifics are changing frequently, we recommend giving us a call to help you navigate 503-538-7666 or call ahead to the wineries.
Long Term Stays
COVID-19 has disrupted the best made plans and some of us may need to be out of the house for distancing, for workspace, or for maintaining sanity.
If you are looking for a longer term stay, we are offering 25% off for four nights or longer; 30% off for 7 nights or longer; and 35% off for 10 nights or longer.
Please contact us for booking and ask about our suites with more space, full-size refrigerators and kitchen sinks.
Give us a call 503-538-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Card Special Offers
Gift Card Special
Purchase a gift certificate for a future stay and for every $100 that you spend, we will add a $50 credit (redeemable through December 2021).
Wanderlust setting in? We’re pleased to help you plan a “can’t wait to getaway” future adventure with The Dundee as your jumping off point.
Give us a call 503-538-7666 or email email@example.com to book.
Gift it Forward
We know that many of our guests want to support the small businesses and workers who contribute so much to the spirit of the Willamette Valley. We also want to give back to those that are working on the front lines through this new “normal”.
So, we are announcing our “Gift it Forward” Gift Card purchase program.
Here’s how it works:
Purchase a gift certificate for a “can’t wait to getaway” stay at The Dundee for $250 or more (good through December 2021), and we will contribute a second, hand delivered complimentary night stay certificate – in your name – to a business that is in operation in our community (Dundee, Newberg, McMinnville, Carlton, Lafayette, Amity, or a vineyard, winery, or farm nearby). You can pick the business, or let our staff pick, the choice is yours!
It’s a win, win, win! You have an adventure to look forward to, you are supporting the Valley’s frontline workers and you are supporting your favorite local boutique hotel (that’s us)!
Give us a call 503-538-7666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
So much about normal life has been disrupted. For folks looking for a quiet, “socially distant” work space, we have you covered.
Our state-of-the-art, sanitized guestrooms are perfect individual offices for working while distancing.
Every room has:
- High speed internet
- Desk work space
- Refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker (microwaves in some rooms0
- 45” flat screen TVs
- Contact-less food delivery to your door
- Nearby walking trails, parks, and a path to the Willamette River.
Book a room for the night with our special “Workspace” code and we will give you a late check out to maximize your work hours, or give us a call 502-538-7666 to discuss office hour booking.
We miss you at The Dundee Hotel! Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. But then so is resilience and innovation. While our affinity for connection hasn’t changed, the way we do it has to adapt and evolve.
In the spirit of human creativity and ingenuity, we’ve boosted our social media with weekly contests and interactive content to help keep you connected and inspired for future visits.