Our Response to Covid-19
At The Dundee, the safety and well-being of our guests, our team and our community are what is most important to us. We are open to guests for reservations and we are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our guests and staff safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. While this hasn’t changed, the impact of COVID-19 has increased our creativity and resolve and it has made us appreciate even more the strong connection we share with our guests and partners.
In addition to producing world class wine, the people of the Willamette Valley are resilient, caring and we rise to the occasion. Sometimes the only way through tough times is straight through, and we are ready to forge ahead, together.
There are still a lot of unknowns about when and how “life as normal” will resume. But we are here, and ready to welcome you back!
State and Country Travel Guidance and Restrictions
The Governor and the Oregon Health Authority have provided a framework to reduce the escalation of COVID-19 in Oregon.
At The Dundee Hotel, we keep informed on the latest guidance and restrictions that are updated every two weeks.
As of February 24th, 2021, here is a summary of information relevant statewide and for Yamhill Country:
- All Oregonians and visitors to Oregon are reminded to:
- Wear a mask in public
- Distance 6 ft from others while in public
- Keep gatherings to small groups (6 or less and nor more than two households)
- Wash Hands
- Stay home if sick
- Indoor Dining Allowed but Limited for Bars, Restaurants, Tasting Rooms: limited indoor and outdoor dining (reservations are required at many places and recommended everywhere), take-out, and delivery are allowed.
- Our onsite Restaurant is Closed. The front desk can guide you to local restaurants providing take-out, delivery, or outdoor dining. The Dundee has a partnership with Red Hills Market, that provides excellent breakfast delivery options for our hotel guests.
- Many Willamette Valley Wineries are Open for Outdoor Wine Tasting, others are “pick-up only”, for a list of wineries open by County: Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
At The Dundee Hotel:
- We remain open to serve you and are committed to your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our team, including robust cleaning procedures.
- We are an essential services provider to businesses and government and are available if it would be helpful to achieve adequate social and physical distancing for your work and family needs.
Cleanliness and Safety Precautions
We have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and our team members.
- Disinfectant: We use the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, and public bathrooms. You’ll see hand sanitizing stations near the front desk and elevator lobby.
- Social Distancing: We will be using signage in our lobby and public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Guest Rooms: We use enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guestrooms and doorknobs after each guest departs and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch and deep clean areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more. As always, our linens and towels, including the bed’s top cover, are laundered between each stay. Amenities not easily sanitized, like paper pads will be removed and available per request.
- Food Safety: The restaurant located onsite, is currently not open for dining or for take out. We are happy to assist with information about local restaurants that are open for limited dining, takeout and delivery. Guests are able to arrange for contact-less delivery to the hotel.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes,” we are employing social distancing protocols and increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas.
- Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our team receives daily updates and training on keeping themselves and our guests safe, including: Social distancing, hand washing hygiene, safety protocols and frequent updates on best practices from the CDC and local authorities.
Masks and Check-in Hours and Protocols
Masks or face coverings are currently required in the state of Oregon for both staff and customers while in the public areas of the hotel.
We have disposable masks available for guests at the front desk.
Our check-in hours are currently 4:00 pm -9:00 pm. If you need to check-in later, just give us a call 503-538-7666
Keys are sanitized after each guest stay. New protocols are in place to maintain social distancing during check-ins at the front desk. Questions or requests? Give us a call 503-538-7666.
Food and Beverage
The restaurant located on the ground floor of the hotel is currently closed. The Dundee has partnered with local favorite, Red Hills Market to provide breakfast delivery options for our guests. There are several restaurants nearby that are serving take out and delivery for lunch and dinner that can be ordered online, or by calling. Inquire at the front desk and we will provide information and menus.
Wine Tasting Rooms
As of February 24th, 2021, limited indoor and outdoor wine-tasting is allowed in the counties surrounding The Dundee. Many wineries require reservations for tastings, and many offer pick-up and delivery. The Dundee, has partnered with several nearby wineries to offer tasting packages to help you pre-plan your visit, The Dundee has also partnered with local wineries to offer in-room tasting experiences for guests.
The experience may be different than what we’re used to, but the wine will be just as delicious.
Specifics are changing frequently, we recommend giving us a call to help you navigate 503-538-7666 or call ahead to the wineries.
We miss you at The Dundee Hotel! Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. But then so is resilience and innovation. While our affinity for connection hasn’t changed, the way we do it has to adapt and evolve.
In the spirit of human creativity and ingenuity, we’ve boosted our social media with weekly contests and interactive content to help keep you connected and inspired for future visits.