Our Response to Covid-19
At The Dundee, the safety and well-being of our guests, our team and our community are what is most important to us. We are open to guests for reservations and we are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our guests and staff safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. While this hasn’t changed, the impact of COVID-19 has increased our creativity and resolve and it has made us appreciate even more the strong connection we share with our guests and partners.
In addition to producing world class wine, the people of the Willamette Valley are resilient, caring and we rise to the occasion. Sometimes the only way through tough times is straight through, and we are ready to forge ahead, together.
There are still a lot of unknowns about when and how “life as normal” will resume. But we are here, and ready to welcome you back!
State and Country Travel Guidance and Recommendations
As of August 27, 2021, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is requiring people in Oregon to wear a mask in most public outdoor settings — regardless of vaccination status — where physical distancing is not possible.
Check out OHA’s site for the latest recommendations and resources.
Cleanliness and Safety Precautions
We have always taken standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and our team members.
- Disinfectant: We use the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, and public bathrooms. You’ll see hand sanitizing stations near the front desk and elevator lobby.
- Social Distancing: We will be using signage in our lobby and public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing.
- Guest Rooms: We use enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guestrooms and doorknobs after each guest departs and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch and deep clean areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more. As always, our linens and towels, including the bed’s top cover, are laundered between each stay.
- Food Safety: The restaurant located onsite, is currently open for dining or for take out. In addition, they also offer room service to our guests. We are happy to assist with information about local restaurants that are open for limited dining, takeout and delivery. Guests are able to arrange for contact-less delivery to the hotel.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes,” we are employing social distancing protocols and increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas.
- Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Our team receives daily updates and training on keeping themselves and our guests safe, including: Social distancing, hand washing hygiene, safety protocols and frequent updates on best practices from the CDC and local authorities.
Masks and Check-in Hours and Protocols
Masks or face coverings are currently required for everyone while in the public areas of the hotel.
We have disposable masks available for guests at the front desk.
Our check-in hours are currently 4:00 pm -9:00 pm. If you need to check-in later, just give us a call 503-538-7666
Keys are sanitized after each guest stay. Questions or requests? Give us a call 503-538-7666.
Food and Beverage
Field and Stream located on the ground floor is currently open for breakfast and lunch. Several restaurants nearby are open for dinner and serve take out and delivery that can be ordered online, or by calling. Inquire at the front desk and we will provide information and menus.
Wine Tasting Rooms
Restrictions on tasting rooms have been lifted. However, many wineries still require reservations for tastings as they adjust, and many offer pick-up and delivery. The Dundee, has partnered with several nearby wineries to offer tasting packages to help you pre-plan your visit, The Dundee has also partnered with local wineries to offer in-room tasting experiences for guests.
Note, two wineries located on the Hotel’s ground floor, Evening Land and The Dundee Hills Wine Library, require customers scheduling tastings in their tasting rooms be vaccinated.
Human connection and a sense of adventure are at the heart of who we are. But then so is resilience and innovation. While our affinity for connection hasn’t changed, the way we do it has to adapt and evolve.
In the spirit of human creativity and ingenuity, we’ve boosted our social media with weekly contests and interactive content to help keep you connected and inspired for future visits.